ravenpenny: (Default)
 I met her in a dream the day before
 
She was lithesome and tan,
 
Hair color of wettened sand,
 
Eyes lit blue on black like God’s distant shore,
 
 
 
Her way was one of silent charm,
 
She was curious why I had come to her,
 
And I said I could not feign alarm,
 
But something drove me like a chauffeur,
 
 
 
She confessed that she lay dying,
 
And said it filled her veins,
 
Bitter ink black and applying,
 
Only green could mend her means,
 
 
 
But she was not sad or teary,
 
No, she looked on my face,
 
With words unspoken and of quiet fury,
 
She said, “I will not die in the place,”
 
 
 
So I sat for hours at her bedside,
 
And we spoke of the things I’d seen from past’s fragile jewel,
 
A memory dangled in the mists of time we pried,
 
And so thoughts became the fuel,
 
 
 
She went to the window which then turned to sea,
 
She flung it open and leapt to the waves below,
 
And as she fell it was then I knew,
 
She was diving for red pearls on a wine-dark shoal.

May 2024

S M T W T F S
   1234
5678 9 1011
12131415 161718
19202122232425
262728293031 

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Sep. 22nd, 2026 17:31